Friday, October 10, 2014

A trip to the Mall

Hello! It has been a while since I have had time to sit down and blog about our experiences. I actually have a couple posts written and I am just waiting to get photos emailed to me to complete the stories. ; ). So those will be coming shortly...hopefully this weekend!

This last Saturday we took a trip to the mall and I just had to share some crazy, funny things.

First of all, they have pretty good malls here! The one that we have gone to before has a Krispy Kreme...mmmmmm...a little piece of American goodness.   



Lately, we have been going to a new mall that is closer to our campus. It has California Pizza Kitchen where we have enjoyed their scrumptious hummus.... I cannot even tell you how delicious this tasted!


They also have a Starbucks, a Hard Rock Cafe, and a Baskin Robbins...although, we found two Indian owned ice cream shops that only charge 60 rupees (1 dollar) for a scoop with waffle cone while Baskin Robbing was 240 rupees for the same thing!

This time, I was tickled by some funny things we saw and I wanted to share them with you.  

First of all, we went down to the lowest level and found this statue...



She's kind of creepy and cool all at the same time. ; ) Her hair and bun are really interesting...you can see them in the reflection on the first photo.

But the funniest things were, once again, the way that English is used by the Indian people.

Before we can enter the mall, we have the rare privilege of entering this:

by the way...the Indians thought it was really strange that I was taking a photo of this...

Are you feeling a little FRISKY?? WELL, COME ON OVER TO INDIA. ; )  Haha....you step in here and they simply wave a metal detecting wand in front of you. Incidentally, they do the same thing for the men out in the open, but for some reason "Ladies" must be "frisked" in a booth. : )

Then one funny advertisement caught our attention....


I mean, who wouldn't want to take home a nude? Of course, you have to spend 8000 rupees for the privilege....

And this last one I have to admit, I felt a little guilty taking a picture of, but it was seriously so funny to me.  Not that it is ACTUALLY funny....just the thought that THIS is what someone decided to write in the moment of emergency.  Cracks. Me. Up.


This sign says so much about India. I think I will always be amused by the straighforward, blunt way they employ the English Language.

Well...it is 3 minutes to midnight...so even though most of my friends are just sitting down to their lunch, I think I'd better get to sleep.

Have a great day over there in America and please, someone, eat a yummy salad for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment