Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pear Bread

This was the yummiest bread!  Very very moist and delicious!

I found the recipe online and made it one day for my kids' after school snack.  It calls for fresh pears, but I actually just used my own canned pears and we loved it!





Here's what you need...

2 pears - peeled, cored and shredded (I just cut up canned pears)
1 pear - peeled, cored and mashed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white sugar (I always reduce my sugar by 1/3...especially when it also calls for pudding mix)
1 1/2 cups flour (I always use whole wheat)
1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan or 2-3 small loaf pans.

In a bowl, mix the shredded pears, mashed pear, egg, egg white, water, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, pudding mix, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Stir the pear mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan.

Bake 1 hour (for large loaf) or 30-35 minutes for small loaf.  I used my mini-loaf pan and I think I cooked them for about 17-22 minutes. 


These were delicious straight out of the oven with a little smear of butter!  Melt-in-your-mouth good!

No comments:

Post a Comment