Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Chronicles of Narnia

We are getting ready for a family vacation to California.  The best place to go for family vacations, in my opinion! Not to be confused with the best place for a TRUE vacation (e.g. NO KIDS) being HAWAII!  ; )



In December 2009, I was in a bookshop in the mall that was going out of business.  They had this set of CD's of the full Narnia series...for 9.99!  (It is regularly $59.99)  It is a radio drama done by Focus on the Family and is so well done!  It is JUST like watching a movie, but without the visual.  There is a narrator, actors, sound effects, music, etc.  It is so entertaining and now we listen to it whenever we go on a long drive.  We are in the middle of Prince Caspian right now and I can't wait to finish them.  I would highly recommend this to anyone.  Here is the link at Amazon



My children range from age 15 down to 4...and they are all quite engaged listening to these stories.  They really are remarkable.  I am in the process of making copies of the CD's, so I can lend them out one book at a time to my friends.  

 It is the most beautiful set...I wish Amazon had a picture of the tri-fold opened up.  There are beautiful pictures on the inside depicting scenes from the stories and the CD's are printed to match the pictures, so the scenes are complete with or without the CD's in place.  The CD's themselves are so beautiful...that's one of the reasons I don't want to lend out my originals!

I only ever read the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe as a child, so I am really enjoying listening to all the stories and figuring out (finally) how they all fit together.  
So, if you are looking for a GREAT "audio book" for your kids, this is it!  But it is likely to be something different than your kids have ever heard.  It is more like the Radio Dramas of "yester-year". And they are just delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment