Thursday, June 11, 2015

Saying Goodbye...

It was very hard to say goodbye to all the beautiful people of India that we have come to love!

A few days before we were leaving, the girls and I all got wrapped in our saris (by one of the cleaners, Alamelu) so we could take lots of photos with people we loved. It was just a coincidence that we had all picked similar colors.   
    

              
 Sadly, I forgot to do this before Brooklyn left!

Here is the full UKG class. So adorable...we loved working and playing with them.

 This is Jeevitha, the second standard teacher. She and I became good friends. It was hard to say goodbye not knowing if she would still be there when I am able to return.


 Here is our family with all the amazing, dedicated housemothers.

Before we left, our family completed a mural on the wall. It is a tradition for volunteer groups. The art work was done by Camry and Lon while I did the printing. I think they did an amazing job. This is right by the gate that led into the Green House courtyard.
This is my favorite quote from Mother Teresa and I have it hanging in my home here in UT. I thought it would always be a good reminder to my kids of the service they did while in India and the service they can continue to do here in America every day.


 Me and Subedha

 Camry and Velankanni

 This, my friends, is LOVE....Camry, letting the little girls spin her even though she hates it!

Me and Jennifer

 Elina Mary giving me a special note for Brooklyn (who sponsors her).

 Our friend Usha

 Beautiful Vinodhini doing henna. She did one last henna for me, Camry, and one other volunteer.



Tamilarasi, Liberty, and Anu

Camry with Sudha


 Sudha and Roseline


 This little girl is one that will be in my heart forever. There is something special about Roseline. This was our very last day and she just sat on my lap and snuggled and hugged and made me cry.


 Love. Her.


 And last, but certainly not least...our little Maria Catherine. She just clung to my waist that last day and was so adorable. That evening, I went into their rooms to say my final goodbye and this sweet girl hugged me and kissed me and then reached out and brushed my chest and then my forehead with her fingertips in a traditional Hindu blessing. As each of the other girls in the room came to me and did the same, tears just ran down my cheeks. It is a sacred, special experience that I will never forget. 



I came here to bless their lives, but the blessing has been all mine!!  Oh my, how my heart and my arms miss them!



1 comment: